It is beneficial for all skin diseases, Vitiligo, spots on skin etc.
SCIENTIFIC BENEFITS OF MALLOTUS PHILIPPNENSIS:
Helpful in cancers, bronchitis, skin diseases, diabetes, lungs diseases, digestive system diseases, jaundice etc.
Warss (ورس) is a yellow dye from a perennial plant cultivated in Yemen, identified usually as Memecylon tinctorium.According to Abū Ḥanīfa Al-Dīnawarī’s chapter on dyestuffs (165-7), it is found only in Yemen, and there only, is cultivated. From various sources, he describes the best warss as bādira, from a young plant, the other type called ḥabas̲h̲ī because of some blackness in it; however, the ḥabas̲h̲ī gives pure yellow colour, while bādira can contain some redness in it.
PROPHETﷺ’S GUIDANCE ABOUT MEMECYLON (ورس):-
Costus, Olive oil & Memecylon for pleurisy (Zaatul Janb): –
1. Hazrat Zaid Bin Arqam رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullahﷺ advised, as a treatment for pleurisy (ذات الجنب), Memecylon (ورس), Costus (قسط), & Olive oil (زيت) & take at one side of mouth (يُلَدُّ). [Ibn Ma-jah: 3596; Book. 31; Eng volume. 4 ; Book. 31, Hadees. 3467] 2. Qatadah narrated from Abu Abdullah that Zaid Bin Arqam رضي الله عنه said that Nabiﷺ would acclaim Olive oil (الزَّيْتَ) and Memecylon (الْوَرْسَ) for (the treatment of) pleurisy.” Qatadah said: “And it is put in the mouth on the side which he is suffering “. [Tirmizi: 2222; Book. 28, Eng vol. 4; Book. 2; Hadees. 2078]
Indian Costus & Memecylon for throat infection (Azrah): –
3. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ sOh! Ladies, Do not burn (Cauterize) throats of your children for Azrah (العذرة) (swelling/ infection in throat) because, you have Qustul hind (الهندي قسط) & Warss (ورس) make them to lick (both). [Mustadrak Hakim: 8239]
Memecylon (Warss) for freckles: –
4. Hazrat Umme Salma رضي الله عنها says that at the time of Nabi ﷺ, women in postnatal bleeding (after childbirth) used to wait for forty days, and we used to put Warss on our faces because of freckles.” (except for one who became pure (clean) before that). [Ibn Ma-jah: 692 & 693; Book. 1; Eng vol. 1; Book 1, Hadees. 648 & 649]
Avoid dying Ihraam with Memecylon (Warss): –
5. Narrated by Ibn Umar رضي الله عنهما that Nabi ﷺ forbade dyeing the cloth of Ihraam (cloth worn while doing Hajj & Umrah) with Memecylon. [An-Nasa’i: 2666; Book. 24; In Eng vol. 3; Book. 24, Hadees. 2667]
Dyeing with Memecylon: –
6. Narrated Abdullah Ibn Umar رضي الله عنهما that Nabi ﷺ used to wear tanned leather sandals and dye his beard yellow with Memecylon and saffron, and Ibn Umar used to do that too. [Abu Dawud: 4210; Book. 35; Eng Book. 34; Hadees. 4198]
Studies shows: – • Antibacterial: -Results showed the ethyl acetate and chloroform extracts of the plant with moderate antibacterial activity. Maximum activity was shown by the chloroform extract against Bacillus subtilis. • Radical Scavenging / Anti-Inflammatory / Analgesic: – The ethyl acetate extract showed the highest stimulation for interleukin-10 production; it also caused significant inhibition of the writhing response. The methanol fraction exhibited radical scavenging activity. • Antimicrobial: Study of methanol extracts showed significant activity against gram-positive, gram-negative bacteria and fungus. • Apoptogenic / Human Gastric Carcinoma: Study evaluated the anti-proliferative and apoptogenic activity of an ethyl acetate extract of leaves of Memecylon edule in various cancer cell lines. Results showed the extract inhibited the gastric cancer cell growth in a dose-dependent manner, inducing apoptosis by mitochondrial dependent pathway.
CONCLUSION OF HADEES: –
Warss is best for pleurisy, throat infections; it can be used with olive oil & Qust (refer both lesson). It can be used on face also. It can be applied on bread, or use in dyeing clothes, but do not wear Ihraam dyed with warss.